Members submit fav recipes to me, and occasionally I find one for people that helps first timers feel confident cooking a stewing hen or a slow cook roast, etc.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Source: http://www.barbarabakes.com/2013/07/stuffed-zucchini-boats/ (Entered by Kelly Graham)
These are fun to make and fun to eat! I replaced the sausage with ground beef and I and used pesto instead of chopped or dried basil. I used gruyere cheese but you can also us an old cheddar or parmesan. Get creative.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/2-in. shells.
- Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute. If necessary, drain any excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, and chopped zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Divide the sausage mixture between the shells (boats), and then top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and top is golden brown.
Comments added by fellow market members.