This page contains news, event information, and other items added by myself, the intrepid farmer-in-process at Old 99. I send out a message every week, but most are set with a delete date about two weeks later. I archive some of the posts if they have content other than weekly availability of produce and meat.
You can send me questions too, which if they are of a general nature, I can post to this Old99 blog.
Old 99 Farm, week of Nov 18 2018
We’re on track for our first cold week of the season, may hit -10dC, so I’ll have to put some row cover protection in the greenhouses over the greens. Likely last week for tomatoes.
This week we have:
- kale, collards, carrots, cabbage
- beef: ground, stew and roasts
- chicken: roasting and stewing hens
- tomatoes, parsley, arugula
- potatoes, onions, garlic
- stone ground flour: wheat
- roast goose, butchered this fall
- lard, rendered or minced
- apple cider pressed here, frozen
- blackberry cuttings, rooted
If you’ve been to the farm you’ll know we have 7 piglets growing nicely; about 8 weeks old now. They will be market weight around age of 6 months,so end March. I am taking deposits now for halves, about 70 lbs of meat, with $50 deposit.
Ian and Cami