This page contains news, event information, and other items added by myself, the intrepid farmer-in-process at Old 99. I send out a message every week, but most are set with a delete date about two weeks later. I archive some of the posts if they have content other than weekly availability of produce and meat.
You can send me questions too, which if they are of a general nature, I can post to this Old99 blog.
Old 99 Farm, week of Nov 25 2018
This week we have:
- lots of eggs,$5/doz. lg
- kale, collards, carrots, cabbage
- beef: ground, stew and roasts
- pork: butchered this week, all cuts ex smoked items
- chicken: roasting and stewing hens
- parsley, arugula
- potatoes, onions, garlic
- stone ground flour: wheat
- lard, rendered or minced
- apple cider pressed here, frozen
I am now prepared to present talks on the climate emergency. I have done several, including for Mohawk College, so if you want this to happen in your community, church, or your own kitchen with neighbours, please give me a call. Can be from one to 3 hrs.
Ian and Cami